Pumpkin & Chestnut Soup
(Submitted by Raw Blend)
- 2 cups water
- 2-3 cups butternut pumpkin (peeled, seeded and chopped into 3cm cubes)
- 1 carrot (whole)
- 1/2 shallot stick
- 1/2 celery stick
- 1/4 zucchini
- 10 chestnuts (without shell)
- 1 stock cube (massel)
- 2 leaves basil
- 1 small sprig parsley
- 1/2 sprig rosemary
- 1/2 sprig thyme
- pinch salt & pepper
- Put all the ingredients into the Vitamix 2L container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 1. Turn the machine on and quickly increase the speed to 10, then override to High.
- Use tamper to press the ingredients into the blades if required.
- Blend for 3-6 minutes or until desired temperature is reached.
- Stop the machine and serve.
- If using hot water run for only 1-2 minutes.
- Raw Foodist like to only heat their soup to about 45 degrees so no enzymes are lost.
- this recipe can be reduced by half an made in a Vitamix 0.9L wet container.
- Chestnuts can be purchased (peeled and frozen) from some grocery outlets when out of season. Cashews, Macadamias or any other nut can be substituted.