Thai Ginger Soup
(Submitted by Raw Blend)
Our flavoursome Thai Ginger Soup recipe is sure to impress. It tastes great and is so easy to make.
- 2 cup room temperature spring water
- 1 slice red capsicum (with seeds and stem)
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 stick celery (with leaves)
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 shallot/spring onion (with root)
- 1 handful cabbage
- 1 slice lemon (with peel and seeds)
- 1/2 apple (with peel and seeds)
- 2 handfuls cashews
- 1 fingertip fresh ginger root (with peel)
- 1 clove garlic (with skin)
- 1 small handful coriander
- 1 tsp herbamare or Massel stock cube.
- 1/4 jalapeno or chilli (with stem and seeds)
- pepper to taste
- garnish with some coriander
Optional Chunky Style (blend on Variable 6 for 10 seconds)
- handful of cabbage
- cooked noodles, rice or chicken
- Put all the ingredients into the Vitamix 2L container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 1. Turn the machine on and quickly increase the speed to 10, then override to High.
- Use tamper to effectively press the ingredients into the blades if required whilst processing.
- Blend for 3-6 minutes or until desired temperature is reached.
- Stop the machine and serve.
- If using hot water run for only 1-2 minutes.
- Raw Foodist like to only heat their soup to about 45 degrees so no enzymes are lost.
- this recipe can be reduced by half and made in a Vitamix 0.9L wet container.
- Make sure to always check that the nuts that you are buying are gluten free.