Are green smoothies good for dogs? We get this question a lot and it’s important to take note of foods that are suitable for your little puppo and foods that aren’t. Also, all dogs are very different so make sure you take your fur baby to your local vet and have them checked.
At Raw Blend we love dogs. I am a member of Cool Dog Group on Facebook and I love nothing more than my Facebook feed being flooded with “Smol puppos doing crazy hecks,”
Here’s what NOT to give your child, I MEAN, puppo. Judging by Zeppity’s face he doesn’t like these foods…
- Chocolate / Coffee / Caffeine
- Grapes / sultanas / raisins
- Macadamia nuts
- Milk and dairy
- Onions / Garlic / Chives
- Coconut Oil / Coconut water
- Salt and Salty Snack Foods
Are green smoothies good for dogs?
Yes of course! Just as Green Smoothies are good for humans they also provide our beloved canine friends with numerous health benefits and a treat they’ll love. Just be sure to use the correct ingredients and don’t over do it – 200ml of green smoothie per serving should be plenty.
Below is a green smoothie recipe that we feed daily to our beautiful office dog Zeppity. You can read more about Zeppity HERE. He loves a good green smoothie that’s for sure.
Of course, make sure you always check with your Vet if your dog has any allergies to the ingredients below. We want your puppo to enjoy his Green Smoothie.
Doggie Green Smoothie Recipe
Submitted by: [email protected] Raw Blend
Serves: 1 doggo
- 1/2 banana
- 1 slice pineapple or 1/2 apple
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 1 small handful parsley
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 small handful ice cubes
- 2 level tsp flax-seed oil (optional)
- Put all the ingredients into the Vitamix 2L container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 1. Turn the machine on and quickly increase the speed to 10, then override to High.
- Use tamper to effectively press the ingredients into the blades if required whilst processing.
- Blend for 30-60 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
- Stop the machine and serve to puppo!