Today’s video blog is a Kale & Banana Ice-cream recipe. You are going to love this recipe, trust me – it’s delicious! Don’t be afraid of the kale, the recipe uses dates and raw organic honey to give it a lovely sweet flavour. Both of these ingredients are fantastic alternatives to sweeten your recipes when you want to avoid white, processed sugars. Keep your eyes on the blog site for a post on alternative sweeteners coming to you soon!
- 1 banana (no skin)
- handful macadamia nuts
- 8 dates
- 1 Tbsp raw honey
- 2 cup organic kale
- 2-3 cup ice
- Put all the ingredients into the Vitamix 2L container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 1. Turn the machine on and quickly increase the speed to 10, then override to High.
- Use the tamper to effectively press the ingredients into the blades whilst processing.
- Blend for 30-45 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
- Stop the machine and serve.