Now. I have a confession to make. Does anyone remember those Wonka Strawberry Twizzlers?? I do. I was obsessed and could eat hundreds in one sitting. Especially when I was a professional dancer back in the day. I cringe at the amount of crap I was putting into my body.
Here’s a healthier spin on them! YAY! They still contain sugar from the dates obviously but it’s a lot better than the chemicals in the other stuff.
Raw Strawberry Twizzlers
Submitted by Claire @Team Raw Blend
Makes – Approx 30
Serves – Up to 30 people
- 2 cups date paste (soak pitted medjool dates for 12-24 hours and blend with salt)
- 1/4 cup beetroot juice
- 1 tsp freeze-dried strawberries (or dehydrated)
- Juice your beetroot Juice in a quality juicer.
- Blend the strawberries for 30-60 seconds until you form a powder.
- Combine the date paste, beetroot juice and strawberry powder in a bowl and mix well.
- Place the combined mixture in a piping bag and pipe onto Teflex dehydrating sheets.
- Dehydrate at 45 degrees Celsius for about 24 hours.
- Allow to cool before storing in an airtight container.