Chocolate Raspberry Bites. The perfect treat for whatever occasion! They are fun to make (and a little messy) and a great alternative for the processed sugar laden treats you find in the supermarket that have been sitting for however long. Not to mention over priced!
These Chocolate Raspberry Bites use REAL ingredients and are vegan. If you are not into Raspberry you can always use another berry like strawberries or even blueberries. OR! You could even make a date caramel and sub out the berries entirely! Hmmmm that gives me an idea.
I love the little hint of Tahini in this recipe! It’s not overpowering and gives it a great taste. If you don’t like it just simply leave it out and add in a little more coconut oil if needed… OR! Why not trying adding in some sort of nut butter. OR! Instead of filling with raspberry jam you could fill it with Peanut Butter! OR BOTH Butter and Jam.
You can see that they possibilities are endless… I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did!
Chocolate Raspberry Bites
- 3 cups shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp hulled tahini
- Pinch of salt
- Dash of vanilla paste
- Approximately 3 tablespoons raspberry jam
- 1 cup Melted Chocolate Topping or Melted Vegan Chocolate Chips
- Put coconut, maple syrup, coconut oil, tahini, salt and vanilla into the Vitamix 2L container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 1. Turn the machine on and quickly increase the speed to 10, then override to High.
- Use the tamper to effectively press the ingredients into the blades whilst processing.
- Blend until you have a thick, oily dough.
- Portion the dough into 10 scoops on a parchment-lined baking sheet and cool until it’s solid.
- Remove the pre-portioned dough scoops and roll them into balls. This can be fiddly but stick to it!
- Make a deep indention in the middle of each ball and stuff them with raspberry jam. Or whatever filling you feel like!
- Pinch the coconut dough to close up the indentation.
- Once all of the truffles are filled, chill them in the fridge to set.
- Remove the truffles from the fridge and dip the truffles into the melted chocolate and then place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and pop them in the fridge until the chocolate is set.
- Let them thaw for about 5-10 minutes before you eat them otherwise they will be rock hard