This healthy nut butter is made only with almond and chia seeds. Almonds are a powerhouse of nutrition and one of the healthiest nuts on the planet, and chia seeds are packed full of heart friendly omega 3 fatty acids.
- 2 ½ cups roasted almonds*
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp chia seeds (for optional crunchy style)
- Put all the ingredients into the Vitamix in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select speed 1, turn the machine on and quickly increase to high speed.
- Use the tamper to effectively press the ingredients into the blades whilst processing
- In about 1 minute, you will hear a high pitched chugging sound. Once the butter begins to flow freely through the blades, the motor sound will change from a high pitch to a low labouring sound.
- Stop the machine. Add the optional chia seeds for a crunchy nut butter.
- Select speed 1, turn the machine on and quickly increase to speed 5 for 5 seconds.
- Use the tamper to effectively press the ingredients into the blades whilst processing.
- Stop the machine and serve.
- Make sure to always check that the nuts that you are buying are gluten free.
- For raw nut butter, use raw almonds and add oil. Start off with 1 tablespoon and add more as required.*
- Store in an airtight container. It can also be frozen for longer storage. Will keep in the fridge for 3-4 weeks