Meet Matthew Bate, he has played 102 senior games over 8 years as a professional AFL (Australian Football League) footballer for the Melbourne Demons football club. He is now a certified holistic sports nutrition practitioner with the College of Natural Health, has completed a bachelor and masters of science in holistic sports nutrition, & is currently studying to finish his PhD in holistic sports nutrition.
Matt is extremely passionate about educating & guiding people towards a plant-based, alkaline forming diet, that provides the absolute optimum health, & energy, & allows one to experience life with maximum joy.
To view, the full Featured Friend Interview click here!
Shop Vitamix by Region
- 1 cup organic Quinoa
- 1-2 cups almond milk
- 1/2 cup organic coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or the seeds from 1 vanilla pod
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup dried fruit such as dates or sultanas
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup organic shredded coconut
- 1 banana chopped and strawberries
- In a saucepan over medium cook the quinoa in boiling water for 10 minutes then drain.
- Now add the semi cooked quinoa to the coconut milk and almond milk, vanilla, cinnamon, salt & sultanas.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 15-20 minutes until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Remove from heat and add maple syrup, shredded coconut and stir through the chopped fruit saving a few pieces to garnish the top.
- This porridge can be eaten either warm or cold.
- This is a recipe from Tommy’s Blog Post: Featured Friend Interview: Matthew Bate