Our Raw Witch Fingers recipe is the perfect raw food snack to serve your guests at your next spooky celebration!
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup activated almonds
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup raw honey or organic maple syrup or raw coconut nectar
- pinch cinnamon
- 1 tsp organic vanilla paste
- pinch Himalayan sea salt
- blanched almonds for the “fingernails”
- spirulina powder (for the green fingers)
- Pulse the walnuts in your Vitamix Dry Container until they form a nice “breadcrumb” consistency. Put them into a large bowl. You might need to scrape down the sides and bottom edges with a spatula in between pulses.
- Pulse your activated almonds in your Vitamix Dry Container until they form a nice “breadcrumb” consistency. You might need to scrape down the sides and bottom edges with a spatula in between pulses. Place almond mixture into the bowl with the ground walnuts.
- Add to your nut mixture your liquid sweetener of choice, coconut, vanilla paste, sea salt and cinnamon and mix really well. Don’t be scared to get your hands dirty!
- Start moulding pieces of your dough into fingers and use a knife to create the knuckle wrinkles. This can be fiddly but fun! You can definitely get the kids to help!
- Once all the dough has been moulded, place your “fingers” onto your Sedona Trays using the Silicone Drying Sheet and dehydrate on high, 65 degrees Celsius, for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, lower the temperature to 45 degrees Celsius and dehydrate for roughly 24 hours.
- Follow the steps above for the brown fingers.
- After step 3, mix 2 tsp Spirulina Powder really well with a glass of water.
- Add about 2 Tbsp of the green “food dye” to your dough and mix really well.
- Proceed with Step 4 from above.