This Energy Bites Recipe is the perfect snack on-the-go when you need a super boost! Packed with Superfoods and healthy omegas to help you charge through the day.
Shop Vitamix by Region
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 cup goji berries
- 1 orange (zest and juice only)
- 1 cup raw almond flour (homemade)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 1/2 cup almonds (roughly chopped)
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp sunflower seeds
- 2 Tbsp Macadamia nuts
- 1/4 cup coconut nectar/maple syrup/yacon syrup/raw honey
- 1/4 cup date paste
- 1/4 cup cranberries (chopped)
- 1/2 cup medjool dates (chopped)
- pinch Himalayan sea salt
- 1 cup desiccated coconut (for rolling in)
- Mix the chia seeds and goji berries with the orange juice and zest and set aside to make the gel.
- Add the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl (except for the desiccated coconut for rolling the balls in) and mix thoroughly.
- Add the chia seed & goji berry mixture and mix again. It is best to use your hands so don’t be afraid to get them dirty!
- Roll the mixture into ball shapes and then cover them in desiccated coconut.
- You can set them in the freezer before serving for about 1 hour.
- Alternatively you can dehydrate them on high (60 degrees) for 1 hour and then dehydrate on 40 degrees for around 8-10 hours. This will give them a nice crispy finish.
- Make sure to always check that the nuts that you are buying are gluten free.
- 1 small bowl
- 1 large bowl
- Food Dehydrator (optional)