The summer glow has disappeared, the mornings are crisp, the nights are cool and you find yourself wanting to snuggle under the covers just a little while longer … yep the colder months are here, making soup the perfect meal.
Shop Vitamix by Region
- 2 cup room temperature spring water
- 1 slice red capsicum (with seeds and stem)
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 stick celery (with leaves)
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 shallot/spring onion (with root)
- 1 handful cabbage
- 1 slice lemon (with peel and seeds)
- 1/2 apple (with peel and seeds)
- 2 handfuls cashews
- 1 fingertip fresh ginger root (with peel)
- 1 clove garlic (with skin)
- 1 small handful coriander
- 1 tsp herbamare or Massel stock cube.
- 1/4 jalapeno or chilli (with stem and seeds)
- pepper to taste
- garnish with some coriander
Optional Chunky Style
- handful of cabbage
- cooked noodles, rice or chicken
- Put all the ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select speed 1, turn the machine on and quickly increase to the highest speed.
- Use tamper to effectively press the ingredients into the blades if required whilst processing.
- Blend for 5-6 minutes or until desired temperature is reached.
- Add optional chunky style ingredients and blend for 5-10 seconds on low speed.
- Stop the machine and serve.
- If using hot water run for only 1-2 minutes.
- Raw Foodist like to only heat their soup to about 45 degrees so no enzymes are lost.
- Make sure to always check that the nuts that you are buying are gluten free.
More soup recipes:
View our hand picked collection of delicious and healthy Vitamix soup recipes using healthy raw food ingredients and made in minutes using the Vitamix Blender. Make your own Beetroot Soup or Tomato & Basil Soup.