- 2 cups room temperature water
- 3 whole tomatoes
- 1 shallot/spring onion (with root)
- 1 stick celery
- 1/2 carrot
- 1 handful cabbage
- 1/4 red capsicum
- 1-2 handful cashews
- 1 handful basil (with stalk)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1-2 tsp herbamare/sea salt or a Massel stock cube
- 1 small slice ginger (with peel)
- 1/4 jalapeno or chilli (with stem and seeds)
- red capsicum and basil leaves (to garnish)
- Put all the ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select speed 1, turn the machine on and quickly increase to the highest speed.
- Use tamper to effectively press the ingredients into the blades if required whilst processing.
- Blend for 5-6 minutes or until desired temperature is reached.
- Stop the machine and serve.
- For a chunky style soup add 1/2 tomato and a handful of basil leaves, blend on medium speed for 5-10 seconds.
- Start with hot water to speed up the process, blend for only 1-2 minutes.
- Raw Foodist like to only heat their soup to about 45 degrees so no enzymes are lost.
- Make sure to always check that the nuts that you are buying are gluten free.
More soup recipes:
View our hand picked collection of delicious and healthy Vitamix soup recipes using healthy raw food ingredients and made in minutes using the Vitamix Blender. Make your own Beetroot Soup the popular Thai Ginger Soup.