Try this delicious Coconut Curry Soup for an easy and nutritious dinner. It’s super easy to make in your Vitamix blender and Vegan friendly.
- 1 young coconut (flesh and water) – about 1 cup of water, make up with filtered water if more is required
- 1 whole carrot (with peel)
- 1/4 red capsicum
- 1 small slice green cabbage
- 1 spring onion (or shallot)
- 1 small lemon wedge (with peel)
- 1 medjool date (pitted)
- 1 handful cashews (more if not much coconut flesh is used to cream up soup)
- 1 small handful coriander
- 1 tiny slice ginger (5mm by 10mm thick)
- 1 tiny slice of birds eye chilli (3 mm thick with seeds)
- 1 vegetarian stock cube (Massel)
- Salt & Pepper
- Put all the ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select speed 1, turn the machine on and quickly increase to the highest speed.
- Use tamper to effectively press the ingredients into the blades if required whilst processing.
- Blend for 5-6 minutes or until desired temperature is reached.
- Add optional chunky style ingredients and blend for 5-10 seconds on low speed.
- Stop the machine and serve.
- Start with hot water to speed up the process, blend for only 1-2 minutes.
- Raw Foodist like to only heat their soup to about 45 degrees so no enzymes are lost.