Meet Ivy Carnegie, Co-Founder & President of Aura Avenue, editor of Pretty Nourished and co-founder of drink bar juicery. You may already recognise Ivy from her passionate and inspiring Instagram page. An all-things-organic lover, Ivy has a huge passion for combining self-love healing with a nourishment focus. Several years in the entertainment industry opened her eyes to the need for focus on nutrition and less on DIET.
Ivy’s passion to educate and influence all generations on natural remedies was sparked by her own health taking a toll in 2004 with a complex diagnosis, little answers and a handful of medication. This really opened her eyes to the need for more awareness of nutrition-based treatment and less on pharmaceutical drugs.
- 1 cup or 5-6 pitted dates (medjool) if they are not soft, pre-soak for about ten minutes
- 1 cup gluten Free Oats
- 1/8 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1. Blend 1 cup of oats in Vitamix or food processor. Make sure your blender is completely dry. Blend until flour like consistency.
2. Add 1/8 cup of cocoa powder to your oat flour. Pulse. *Add more to your liking.
3. Empty flour from blender into bowl. Set aside.
4. Blend 1 cup or 5-6 pitted dates. Pulse until just near jam consistency.
5. Add in cocoa oat flour slowly as you pulse. The now “dough” like texture will start to roll in the blender. Scoop any stickiness off the sides if needed. Pulse slowly one more time.
6. Scoop out ingredients into a bowl. Roll into 1 inch balls.