Homemade Nut Butters with vegetables and fruit is a great healthy snack option. Try our Almond Butter Recipe, you will love it spread on fresh apple slices.
Shop Vitamix by Region
- 2-3 cups roasted almonds*
- 1-2 Tbsp light tasting oil or coconut oil
- Put all the ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select speed 1, turn the machine on and quickly increase to high speed.
- Use the tamper to effectively press the ingredients into the blades whilst processing
- In about 1 minute, you will hear a high pitched chugging sound. Once the butter begins to flow freely through the blades, the motor sound will change from a high pitch to a low labouring sound.
- Stop the machine and serve.
- Make sure to always check that the nuts that you are buying are gluten free.
- For raw nut butter, use raw almonds and add oil. Start off with 1 tablespoon and add more if needed.*
- Store in an airtight container. It can also be frozen for longer storage. Will keep in the fridge for 3-4 weeks.
- Try our Greenstar Elite Juicer for another way to make healthy almond butter.