Give this Asian Mushroom and Kelp Noodle Rice Paper Roll recipe a go for a very satisfying and healthy meal. It’s all vegan friendly.
Shop Vitamix by Region
Asian Mushroom and Kelp Noodle Ingredients
- 1 Tbsp sunflower or peanut oil
- 600 g mixed mushrooms like shitake, enoki, oyster, button
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups of finely sliced bok choy
- 3 stalks of eshallots
- 1 cup kelp noodles, chopped
- 1 Tbsp tamari sauce
- 1 Tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Cracked black pepper
- Rice noodles, soaked
Rice Paper Rolls Ingredients
- 1 cup Thai basil leaves
- 1/4 cup crispy shallots
- Snow pea sprouts
- Rice papers
- 1 Lebanese cucumber
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- Heat the sunflower oil in a saucepan over a moderate heat and sauté off the mushrooms for 2 – 3 minutes until just softened. Adding a little oil as you go, cook the mushrooms in batches adding in the ginger and garlic to the last batch and cooking it for about 2 minutes. Add this to the remainder of the mushrooms and then stir through the finely sliced bok choy and shallots while the mushrooms are still hot.
- Add in the noodles and the remainder of the ingredients and stir to combine leaving the mix to cool in the fridge.
- Soak 2 – 3 rice papers in warm to hot water for a couple of minutes until softened, drain and lay them down on a bench. Place two good teaspoons of the filling onto each paper and top with a basil leaf and some of the fried shallots, roll up the rice paper folding in the sides and adding a few snow pea sprouts into the roll as garnish. Continue with the remainder of the filling.
- Using a peeler peel ribbons from one small Lebanese cucumber. Wrap the cucumber around the roll and then garnish with toasted sesame seeds.
- Large bowl