Be sure to try this easy to make and delicious Balsamic Citrus Dressing Recipe.
There are plenty more salad dressings you can make with your Vitamix Blender. The Italian Salad Dressing (video at bottom) is one of the more popular dressings around here along with the homemade green curry paste.
- 1/4 cup (60ml) organic balsamic vinegar
- 3 medium oranges (peeled and halved)
- 3 green onions (white part only or 1/4 cup chopped)
- 2 small garlic cloves (peeled)
- 2 Tbsp (25g) sugar (or sweetener of choice)
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) lime juice or 1/2 lime (peeled)
- 1/8 tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) olive oil
- Place all ingredients, except olive oil, into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select speed 1, turn the machine on and slowly increase to the highest speed.
- Blend for 30 seconds or until smooth.
- Reduce speed to 4 and remove lid plug.
- Pour oil in a thin stream through the lid plug opening until thoroughly emulsified.
- Refrigerate in airtight container.
- Bring to room temperature and shake before serving over salad.
- Use agave nectar in place of sugar for a raw food diet.