Ice cream has been comforting food for many for ages! Nothing can beat the happy feeling derived from even a spoonful of this cold, creamy, sweet, and melt-in-mouth goodness. While most of us depend upon the store-bought options to relish this treat, it would certainly be ideal for preparing it at home. You need not get scared at the thought of churning ice-creams at home. It is actually an effortless thing to do.
It really is!
I am talking about one ice-cream in particular that you can prepare in just about half an hour from start to finish. This fruit-based ‘banana ice-cream’ is truly a simple and quick preparation that will make you drool over it many times over. We are sure that you won’t bother to purchase banana ice-cream from the stores anymore because it really tastes as good as it can get!
The recipe’s biggest secret is that it requires just two ingredients to prepare the banana ice cream. You need not add any sweetening agent to this preparation as bananas are a very sweet fruit.
To get the best product, you must be cautious of just two things. Firstly, churn the ingredients to a nice smooth blend while making sure that you incorporate as much air possible to make the ice cream light and airy. Secondly, freeze the ice cream blend well to get ice cream the way it is enjoyed best, frozen.
I prefer to keep a mini fridge at home, which I use specifically for freezing and chilling all my delicious desserts. This way, the preparations are frozen well without standing a chance of getting contaminated by other frozen foods, particularly meats and other animal products.
And the last tip for you is to store ice cream in a casserole dish with a lid instead of a plastic seal-proof container. And generally speaking, a casserole dish is a pretty handy item in your kitchen.
- 3 ripe bananas, peeled and roughly sliced
- ¼ cup low-fat cream or coconut cream
- Freeze banana slices for at least an hour in a seal-proof container or a bag.
- Now, transfer the frozen banana slices into a Vitamix blender and whizz it with cream until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Transfer the mixture to a seal-proof container or casserole dish with a lid.
- Freeze this ice cream for at least 4 to 5 hours or overnight.
- Serve this delicious dessert and enjoy it!