Give this Beet, Tomato & Pink Peppercorn Infused Living Seed Cracker recipe a go for a snack with a difference. Full of goodness and crunch!
- 150g sunflower seeds ground PLUS 25g left whole
- 80g golden flax seeds ground PLUS 20g left whole
- 40g black sesame seeds
- 40g chia seeds
- 1 large beetroot grated (approx 320g) including any juice created
- 70g sundried tomatoes finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp pink himalayan salt
- 1 tsp red peppercorn ground
- Handful rocket leaf chopped
- 2 1/4 cups filtered water
- Mix all the sunflower, flax + chia in one bowl, add the water and combine well, leave for an hour to swell and absorb.
- Mix the remaining ingredients in another large bowl, I use stainless steel as it is lightweight and easy to work with.
- Once the seeds are swollen add to the other bowl of ingredients with a silicone spatula, mix well and leave to sit for at least a few hours and up to overnight, covered.
- Once the dough is fully integrated and rested, spread out with an offset spatula or silicone spatula on the non stick sheets of the dehydrator. I prepare them to about 2-3 mm thick, if you spread them thicker they will simply take longer to dry.
- Score into shapes if you like at that point.
- Dehydrate at 65C for 3 hours then drop to 45C for approx 10 hours depending on the size of your Sedona.
- Alternatively dehydrate at 45C for approximately 15 hours, you may want to turn the trays around at the halfway mark.
- Store well in an airtight container, and if they soften just refresh in the Sedona for an hour.
- Sedona Rawfood Dehydrator
- Sedona Teflon Sheets