Bliss Balls are such a healthy and easy snack to make for the whole family, even the kids will love them. To make bliss balls you need a good quality blender or food processor, to effectively combine the delicious ingredients including nuts, dried fruit, coconut and of course raw chocolate, into a smooth and dreamy consistency.
- 1 cup medjool dates (pitted)
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1/3 cup shredded or fine desiccated coconut
- 1 pinch Himalayan sea salt
- 1 Tbsp chia gel(mix 2 tsp chia seeds with 2 Tbsp water to form a gel)
- fine desiccated coconut to roll in
- Put all the ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Turn your variable speed to 6 and pulse the machine on and off 5 times for 3 seconds each time.
- Select speed 1, turn the machine on and quickly increase to the highest speed.
- Use the tamper very effectively and quickly to press the ingredients into the blades whilst processing.
- Blend for 45-60 seconds or until you have a nice dough consistency.
- Roll the balls in fine desiccated coconut to coat and place on a plate lined with grease proof paper.
- Set the truffles in the freezer for about an hour and take out just before serving.
- The bliss balls will last for about a week when stored in an airtight container in the fridge.
- This is a recipe from Claire’s Blog Post: Cacao Bliss Balls