A decadent Cauliflower & Leek Soup recipe to try with the family. It’s vegan friendly, easy to make in the Vitamix & has no nasty additives!
- 3 cups water (filtered)
- 1/2 head cauliflower florets (lightly steamed)
- 1 leek (white parts only)
- 2 handfuls cashews
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 vegetarian stock cube
- salt and pepper to taste
- smoked paprika & thyme (for garnish)
- Put all the ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select speed 1, turn the machine on and quickly increase to the highest speed.
- Use tamper to effectively press the ingredients into the blades if required whilst processing.
- Blend for 5-6 minutes or until desired temperature is reached.
- Add optional chunky style ingredients and blend for 5-10 seconds on low speed.
- Stop the machine and serve.
- Start with hot water to speed up the process, blend for only 1-2 minutes.
- Raw Foodist like to only heat their soup to about 45 degrees so no enzymes are lost.