Meet Georgia Harding, a naturopath, author, mother and passionate health educator. Georgia shares through her website Well Nourished, fad-free health advice and intolerance/allergy friendly recipes to inspire people to live happy, healthy lives and create delicious food memories. Georgia is committed to supporting the health of this generation and especially loves to help parents feed their children ‘well’. She endeavours to simplify nutrition and make cooking nourishing meals achievable for everyone.
To view the full Featured Friend Interview click here!
- 1/2 cup of raw almonds
- 1/2 cup of raw macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup of raw hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup of raw cashew nuts
- 1/2 cup of raw walnuts
- 1/2 cup of raw pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1/2 cup of raw sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup of sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup of shredded or desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup sweetener (rice malt syrup, real maple syrup or honey)
- 1 Tbsp of coconut oil or macadamia nut oil
- 1 Tbsp of raw cacao powder
- 1 Tbsp of cinnamon powder
- 1 Tbsp of vanilla powder (or paste)
- Preheat your oven to 120 degrees Celsius or your dehydrator to 55 degrees Celsius. If you’d like to soak your nuts and seeds, please do for the recommended times. Rinse and drain well.
- Line a large biscuit tray with baking paper (or dehydrator tray with silicone mat). Place all of the nuts, seeds and coconut on the tray. You are after more or less a single layer across the tray.
- For the syrup, mix together all of the ingredients into a glass jug or bowl. If the syrup is too thick or the coconut oil solid, heat for 5 minutes or so in the oven. Drizzle the syrup as evenly as possible over the nuts and seeds.
- Place in the preheated oven for 1 hour, stirring every 20 minutes to make sure all of the nuts and seeds are evenly coated in the delicious syrup. If you are using a dehydrator, dehydrate for 12 hours (stir after the first hour only) or until the nuts and seeds are dry and crisp. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- With full fat natural, unsweetened Greek yogurt or coconut yogurt and fruit.
- Over pancakes or french toast (to increase the protein content).
- In a little cup as a snack.
- Once completely cooled in a large jar or airtight container in the fridge or freezer.
- Omit the nuts and increase the seeds.
- Fructose friendly
- Choose rice malt syrup as your sweetener