Are you tired of plain yoghurt or intolerant to dairy? Then try our Coconut and Almond Yoghurt, it’s surprisingly easy to make in your Vitamix Blender and Sedona Food Dehydrator.
Shop Vitamix by Region
- 1 cup raw almonds (activated)
- 1 ½ cups fresh coconut meat
- fresh coconut water from 1 coconut (we got about 1 ¼ cups)
- contents of 3 x probiotic capsules (dairy free)
- Activate your almonds by soaking your almonds for 24 hours in filtered, alkaline water.
- Once you have finished soaking your almonds, rinse them under water and dehydrate the almonds on a low heat (either in your dehydrator or on the lowest temperature in your oven). This will take anywhere between 8-24 hours depending on what temperature you are using. The nuts will be done when they feel (and taste) dry.
- Add your soaked almonds, young coconut meat, coconut water and your probiotics powder to your Vitamix container and secure the lid.
- Select speed 1, turn the machine on and quickly increase to the highest speed.
- Use the tamper to effectively press the ingredients into the blades whilst processing.
- Blend for 45-60 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
- Stop the machine and serve.
- Once you have finished blending your mixture, pour it through a fine mesh strainer into a big glass bowl. This will remove any excess chunks or almond skins. I found I didn’t need to do this as it was smooth enough already. Use a spatula to help sift the mixture through.
- Cover your glass bowl with a nice clean tea towel and let it sit for about 4-5 hours. This will allow the probiotics to start to proliferate (increase in number) and break down the yoghurt. The longer you allow this process to happen the tangier your yoghurt will taste. Yummo!
- Make sure to always check that the nuts that you are buying are gluten free.
- This is a recipe from Claire’s Blog Post: Coconut and Almond Yoghurt