A deliciously smokey and salty alternative to real bacon! This recipe for Coconut Bacon is highly addictive and easy to make in the Sedona!
- 2 cups coconut flakes
- 2 ½ tbsp tamari
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- ¼ tsp liquid smoke (We used Stubbs Liquid Smoke – Hickory)
- ¼ tsp salt
- Good crack of black pepper
- Place all ingredients into a large bowl and gently stir around to ensure you do not break any of the large pieces and that all pieces are coated.
- Line your dehydrator tray with your coconut mixture. Ensure that it is spread out nice and evenly.
- Dehydrate at 65 for around 2 hours and then turn temperature down to around 46 degrees Celsius for around 8 hours or until nice and crispy.