This is fast becoming our favourite soup recipe to make here in the Raw Blend kitchen. It’s creamy, flavour rich and vegan friendly and we love that it’s served in a coconut shell. Happy Blending!
Shop Vitamix by Region
- 2 cups water
- 1 medium-large whole red capsicum (bell pepper) with stalk and seeds
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes
- flesh of 1 young coconut or ½ cup coconut cream
- small handful cashew nuts
- 1 clove garlic with skin
- 1/2 spring onion stalk
- 2 sprigs fresh dill and 6 leaves fresh Basil
- 1 Medjool date (pitted)
- 1 Massel stock cube (chicken flavour)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Put all the ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select speed 1, turn the machine on and quickly increase to the highest speed.
- Use tamper to effectively press the ingredients into the blades if required whilst processing.
- Blend for 5-6 minutes or until desired temperature is reached.
- Add optional chunky style ingredients and blend for 5-10 seconds on low speed.
- Stop the machine and serve.
- Start with hot water to speed up the process, blend for only 1-2 minutes.
- Raw Foodist like to only heat their soup to about 45 degrees so no enzymes are lost.