This Raw Cucumber Pasta with Pesto Sauce Recipe is a fresh, gluten-free, raw vegan friendly alternative. It’s light in calories but full on flavour.
Ingredients – Noodles
- 2 continental cucumbers or zucchinis
Ingredients – Pesto
- 2 cups packed basil
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp pine nuts
- 1 medium/large clove garlic
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice (fresh)
- 3/4 tsp Himalayan Sea Salt (to taste)
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp of nutritional yeast or parmesan cheese
Method – Noodles
- Use a spirooli to make your cucumber noodles.
Method – Pesto
- Put all the ingredients into the Vitamix 2L container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 1. Turn the machine on and quickly increase the speed to Variable 4.
- Use tamper really well to press the ingredients into the blades.
- Blend for 30-60 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
- Stop the machine and serve on top of the cucumber noodles and PRESTO PESTO.