Shop Vitamix by Region
- 4 cups macadamia nuts
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar (ground to a nice fine powder)
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 2/4 tsp cinnamon powder
- 2 tsp vanilla paste
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper if you like it spicy
- Soak your macadamia nuts for no longer than 2 hours.
- Mix together your fine coconut sugar, garam masala, optional cayenne pepper, cinnamon powder, vanilla paste and Himalayan sea salt to create your chai powder.
- Drain your macadamia nuts and remove any excess water.
- Sprinkle the chai powder over the macadamia nuts and make sure to coat them well. The fact that they are wet makes it easier for the powder to stick to.
- Divide the macadamia nuts into two even lots and place them on your trays and put inside the dehydrator.
- Dehydrate the macadamia nuts at 65 degrees for 1 hour and then reduce the temperature to 43 degrees and continue drying for about 16 (+/-) hours. The longer they stay in there, the crunchier they will be.
- To store allow the macadamia nuts to cool before storing in air tight containers to avoid moisture from forming resulting in mould. Will keep for about a week.