Run out of Strawberry Jam? Then give our homemade strawberry jam recipe a go! It’s super simple to make in your Vitamix and is full of Chia Seed goodness.
Shop Vitamix by Region
- 2 cups strawberries (fresh or frozen and thawed)
- 2 Tbsp water
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- Optional: liquid sweetener of choice (rice malt syrup, honey, maple syrup, date paste etc.)
- Place your strawberries into your Vitamix container and secure the lid.
- Select speed 1, turn the machine on, and slowly increase to speed 8. Stop blending once your have reached a nice mushy consistency however, still with some chunks. Do not over blend your strawberries into a puree. Consider this a rough chop instead of a blend.
- Add in your water, chia seeds and desired sweetener and blend on speed 8. Use your tamper to help move the ingredients around. Stop blending when everything is incorporated. Do not blend into a puree!
- Place your jam mixture into glass mason jars and place in the fridge for at least 1 hour to set.
- Enjoy as you would regular jam.
- Your jam should last for about 1 week in the fridge.
- I used frozen strawberries for this recipe and pureed them before hand so I got more of a chia pudding. Use fresh strawberries and roughly pulse them to get a chunky style strawberry jam.
- Vitamix Blender
- Mason Jar