This eggplant jerky recipe is one to try! It’s the perfect snack for when you’re feeling like something chewy & salty and it’s vegan friendly!
- 700g eggplant
Ingredients – Sauce
- 1/4 cup tamari
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp BBQ seasoning (turmeric and cumin)
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Slice the eggplant into even strips.
- Sprinkle salt over the top and pat down with a paper towel to dry out.
- Place in large bowl.
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a small bowl and pour over eggplant strips.
- Marinate for up to 24 hours and then arrange on dehydrator tray with the divider tray underneath.
- Dehydrate on 68 degrees C for 8 hours and then bring down to 42 degrees C until the jerky is crispy.
- Food Dehydrator
- Silicone Dehydrator sheets