Try our delicious and super healthy Harvest Cake Recipe using all natural ingredients for this years Christmas Cake.
Shop Vitamix by Region
- 3 cups almond flour (made in the dry container)
- 1 ½ tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan sea salt
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1/4 cup organic honey
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla paste
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup carrot (grated)
- 1 cup zucchini (grated)
- 1 cup chopped apple (you can make it as chunky as you like)
Ingredients – Vanilla Icing
- 1 cup raw cashews (soaked for 3 hours – discard water)
- 1/2 cup fresh apple juice
- 2 medjool dates (pitted)
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 vanilla bean (seeds scraped and pod discarded)
- 2 Tbsp of chia seed gel (chia seeds soaked in water for about 10 minutes)
Method – Cake
- Pre heat the oven to 350F (170 degrees C)
- Line a 22cm (9 inch) cake tin with baking paper
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl thoroughly
- Mix the wet ingredients in a separate bowl thoroughly
- Mix all the ingredients together and place in the cake tin. Bake for about 40-45 minutes.
Method – Vanilla Icing
- Put all the icing ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select speed 1, turn the machine on and quickly increase to high speed.
- Use tamper effectively to press the ingredients into the blades.
- Blend for 30 seconds or until icing consistency is reached.
- Make sure to ice the cake when it has cooled!! This is always the most difficult part.
- Make sure to always check that the nuts that you are buying are gluten free.
- Vitamix Blender
- 22cm Cake Tin
- Baking Paper (to line tin)
1 x 22cm Cake