A delicious, decadent and healthier spin on the traditional coconut ice recipe. Give this one a go and impress your guests!
- 4 cups desiccated coconut
- 4 cups puffed rice
- 100g coconut oil
- 5 Tbsp maple syrup or rice malt syrup
- 2 Tbsp coconut milk
- 2-3 drops natural red food colouring
- Grate 1 whole beetroot and place in your Hemp Nut Milk Bag. Twist the bag closed and squeeze out beetroot juices. Set aside and use this as your natural food colouring in step 6.
- Place 2 cups coconut, 2 cups puffed rice and half the quantity of oil in your Vitamix and blitz until fine.
- Add 1/2 the quantity of sweetener and 1/2 quantity of coconut milk, blitz until well combined.
- Line a 20cm square cake tine with baking paper.
- Press the coconut mixture evenly into the base of the cake tin and then refrigerate.
- Prepare the second half of the ingredients as above, adding a few drops of red food colouring with the sweetener and coconut milk so that this batch is pink.
- Take the cake tin with the white layer, press the second pink layer on top.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Slice neatly into square pieces.
- Serve and enjoy!