This Nut & Seed Brittle is packed with healthy nuts and seeds including almonds, pistachios, pepitas and omega 3 rich chia seeds. It’s free from refined sugars and only takes about 20 minutes to make. Time to impress those guests!
Shop Vitamix by Region
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped brazil nuts
- 1/2 cup pistachios
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup pepitas
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/8 cup flaxseeds
- 1/8 cup chia seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 cup rice malt syrup
- Mix all ingredients well in a large bowl. It is super sticky which can be frustrating so make sure you don’t answer your phone or play with your hair…
- Place into a lined lamington tray and use the back of a wet teaspoon to flatten it out and make sure that it is evenly spread.
- Bake for about 15 minutes at 160 degrees Celsius.
- Turn the heat down to 110 degrees Celsius and bake for another 5 minutes. Please keep a close eye on it because it certainly is an expensive operation if you burn it. You can usually smell that it’s ready when it is super fragrant and the nuts and seeds will be nice and golden brown.
- Make sure you let it cool down before serving!
- Large Bowl
- Lined Lamington Tray
- Airtight Container for storage