Our Hemp Seed Oat Bar recipe is great for those on the move. With a mix of omega and protein rich nuts and seeds these bars will help give you a boost when you need it and sustain you until your next meal.
Shop Vitamix by Region
- 3 ½ cups organic oats
- 1/2 cup hulled hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup chia seed gel (we soaked them to form a chia gel)
- 1/4 cup organic flaxseed meal
- 3/4 cup organic almonds (roughly chopped)
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds (optional)
- 1/2 cup organic raw honey / maple syrup / coconut nectar
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 3/4 cup organic almond butter
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla paste
- Place almonds in your Vitamix dry container and pulse on high a few times to create a rough chop. This can also be done in your Vitamix wet container. Make sure when pulsing you have one hand holding the container stable.
- In a large container mix all the dry ingredients together.
- In a medium size container mix all the wet ingredients together
- Take the wet mixture and add this to the dry mix and combine well. Don’t be afraid to get your hands dirty!
- Put the mixture in an 8×8″ baking dish and press the mixture firmly.
- Place in the refrigerator or freezer until the mixture is firm
- Cut into even size bars and serve!
- Keep in the refrigerator until ready to serve. They will get too soft if kept out in room temperature.
- 1 Large Mixing Bowl
- 8×8″ Baking Dish
1 Large Slice