The Aroma Dudes – Joel & Glen live in beautiful Newcastle, Australia and are each other’s best friend & soulmate. They love yoga, dance, music, clean holistic plant-based living, travelling, hanging out in nature and with their friends and of course all things essential oils related! Some special interests of the Aroma Dudes are being Earth conscious, things like permaculture & Bush tucker.
Joel and Glen hold regular Natural Wellness Classes and are passionate about educating and empowering individuals and families everywhere about the power of plant-based living. They recognise this is a great blessing to be able to work and travel together as they share the gifts of essential oils with others. They do this from their combined knowledge in health care, horticulture & hospitality.
This Lavender & Native Berry Cheezecake recipe not only looks great, it tastes amazing and it’s full of goodness! Thanks Aroma Dudes!
Shop Vitamix by Region
Ingredients – Nut Crust
- 1 cup almond meal + 1 cup pecans + 1 cup buckwheat
- 1/2 cup or 7-8 medjool dates
- Pinch salt
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
Ingredients – Filling
- 3 cups cashews (soaked overnight & rinsed)
- 1 cup berries (we’ve used native raspberry & mulberry, though conventional berries like blueberry work well too)
- ¾ cup coconut nectar
- ¾ cup lemon Juice
- ½ cup water (filtered)
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 3 drops lavender
- 4 drops lemon
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup coconut oil, melted (handy to keep on top of dehydrator to stay liquid in Winter)
Method – Crust
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor, then press in cake tin. (The more finely ground makes for better hold. Also, the more firmly pressed into the tin, the better the crust will hold also)
Method – Filling
- Place all ingredients in Vitamix jug except for coconut oil and blend until smooth.
- Once combined, then slowly drizzle in the coconut oil on low speed.
- Tip into cake tin, tapping cake tin on bench to remove excess air bubbles.
- Garnish and set in fridge or freezer.
If the melted coconut is added with all other ingredients, including frozen berries, it will set in the jug. Important to add afterwards.
- Vitamix Blender
- Food processor
- Cake Tin
1 Large Cake