Passionate about inspiring others to live a healthy and happy life, naturopath and nutritionist Casey-Lee Lyons shares her healthy recipes, free from gluten, dairy and sugar, in a refreshing and simple way. Her easy-to-understand nutrition and lifestyle advice has helped many people improve their health and vitality and to live their healthiest and best life.
To download her free recipe e-book or to browse through hundreds of delicious recipes visit www.livelovenourish.com.au or follow Live Love Nourish on social media:
GF Granola! Made with nutrient dense nuts, seeds & coconut, this recipe is grain free & paleo friendly. Recipe by nutritionist Casey-Lee Lyons from Live Love Nourish. Note: This recipe is free from gluten, grains, dairy and reﬁned sugar.
Shop Vitamix by Region
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup raw macadamias
- 1/2 cup sunﬂower seeds
- 1/2 cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1/2 cup organic shredded coconut
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 Tbsp natural sweetener of choice (honey, maple, rice malt; optional)
- 1 tsp organic vanilla powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup organic dried fruit of choice (optional)
- Soak your nuts and seeds overnight in separate bowls with enough water to cover. Soak hard nuts (almonds, macadamias for 6- 8 hours and softer nuts and seeds (walnuts, sunﬂower seeds and pepitas for 4-6 hours).
- Drain and rinse soaked nuts and seeds well. Drain and place onto paper towel to absorb remaining water to get rid of excess moisture.
- Transfer half the amount of nuts and seeds to a food processor or blender and pulse to roughly chop (or roughly chop by hand).
- In a large mixing bowl combine chopped nuts and seeds, whole nuts and seeds, coconut, coconut oil, natural sweetener, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Transfer granola onto the lined dehydrator trays. Spread evenly in one layer across trays.
- Place into your dehydrator (low setting) for 12-18 hours until crisp. Or use a higher setting for 8-10 hours. (Follow the dehydrators instructions).
- Once you are happy with the crispness of the granola, allow to completely cool. Mix through dried fruit and store in air tight glass containers (glass will keep it fresh and crisp).
- Serve as is, with fruit, yoghurt or plant-based milk. Notes: You can make your own preservative free, natural dried fruit using the Sedona Dehydrator.
- Sedona Dehydrator
- Vitamix Blender
- Mesh Trays