We have tested and trialled for you this delicious cheeeesy recipe – well NUT CHEESE that is, that you can try at home and add to your next RAW Antipasti platter to impress all guests at your next get together.
Now we have to be honest, Nut Cheese does not taste like ordinary cheese. So please don’t be disappointed that the taste is not the same as that big block of cheddar you have once chomped down on, but rather appreciate the healthy deliciousness and flavoursome creation of nut cheese & give your taste buds a new sensation. Live baby live, just like Michael Hutchins said.
Shop Vitamix by Region
- 2 cups macadamias (soaked)
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 garlic clove
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Fresh mixed herbs (optional)
- Soak macadamia nuts overnight.
- Put all the ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select speed 1, turn the machine on and quickly increase to the highest speed.
- Use the tamper to effectively press the ingredients into the blades whilst processing.
- Blend until thick, smooth & creamy.
- Using a spatula scrape out mixture into a nut milk bag and squeeze lightly to remove any excess moisture. Warning – this step can be quite messy so do it over the sink or a big bowl and keep a hand towel handy.
- Once excess moisture is removed. Keep mix in the nut milk bag and set aside in a bowl to refrigerate overnight. Cover with plastic wrap or a tea towel.
- Remove nut cheese mixture from the fridge and mould with hands and a spatula to create a cheese wheel shape.
- Place in a food dehydrator for 6-8 hours at 68c or until a crust is formed. Remove from the dehydrator and chill in the freezer for 1-2 hours.
- Serve & Enjoy!
- This is a recipe from Ameka’s Blog Post: Wine & Cheese… Raw Please