When it comes to getting the world excited about health and good food, one name probably comes to mind … Lola Berry! Lola is a social media rockstar, an author, business woman, nutritionist and a healthy & happy living inspiration.
With a Bachelor of Health Science (majoring in Nutritional Medicine at Endeavour College of Natural Health), Lola Berry knows what she’s talking about. She has got a secret: the most nutritious, healthy food is also the tastiest! Whether through her TV appearances, radio spots or her popular web series, Lola is reaching out to people all over the globe…and people are listening!
To view the full Featured Friend Interview click here!
This Paleo Chocolate Ganache cake is sure to impress. It’s Paleo friendly and deliciously rich and decadent.
For The Cake:
- 1 Tbsp of coconut oil, for greasing the tin
- 3 cups of almond meal (I like to use the one with the skin on but both work perfect)
- 1/4 cup of coconut flour
- 3/4 cup of cacao powder
- Scrapings from the inside of one fresh vanilla pod
- 1 cup of coconut sugar
- 2 tsp of baking soda
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil, melted
- 3 large organic eggs
- 1 cup of coconut milk, full cream
Middle Layer Ganache and Chocolate Frosting Ganache:
- 1 and 1/2 cups of coconut milk, full cream
- 4 Tbsp of maple syrup (or honey works real well too)
- 1/2 cup of raw cacao powder
- 1/2 the scrapings of a vanilla pod (or just a pinch of vanilla powder)
- 1 bar of 250g of raw chocolate, grated
- 1/2 a punnet of strawberries, for the top
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Grease the bottom and side of a 7-inch spring cake tin which coconut oil.
- In a bowl, mix together your dry ingredients; almond meal, coconut flour, cacao, vanilla and coconut sugar.
- Then in another bowl whisk together your coconut oil (you don’t want the coconut oil to be too hot cos it can scramble the eggies), eggies and coconut milk.
- Slowly add your wet ingredients to the dry and mix together really well; you want a nice smooth mixture.
- Pour into the cake tin and bake for 40-45 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. It could need a little longer, and if it does then cover with foil to prevent it burning at the end.
- Let it sit and cool. Once it’s cool cut the cake horizontally in half.
Now for the epic ganache…
- In a medium saucepan heat your coconut milk, maple syrup. This takes a bit of time and love. So heat slowly and gently, now just stir it every now and then and you really want this to get thick so give it time, it could take about an hour to really thicken up.
- Once it’s super thick then add raw cacao and the scrapings of a vanilla pod and stir through for a another few minutes.
- Pop aside in the fridge to cool and thicken some more for 20 mins.
- Now it’s time to cover the bottom part of the cake with the ganache, and then place the top layer of cake on top and coat it all in ganache!
- Top it all off with a block of your favo raw chocolate grated over the top and fresh strawbs! EPIC!