Quinoa Ris-Notto Recipe served with a side of fresh Barramundi is the perfect winter warming meal packed with protein, fibre & magnesium, a vital mineral required for metabolism, cardiovascular, and blood vessel function.
Shop Vitamix by Region
- 1.5L of vegetable stock
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 brown onion
- 1 purple sweet potato
- 1 orange sweet potato
- 1/4 butternut pumpkin (squash)
- 1 carrot
- 1 zucchini
- 1 tsp Himalayan sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large pinch of saffron
- 1 cup/128g of rainbow quinoa
- Simmer the vegetable stock in a pot.
- Chop onion, garlic, sweet potatoes, butternut pumpkin, carrot and zucchini.
- Add vegetables to the simmering stock.
- Add quinoa, salt, pepper and saffron.
- Simmer for 20-30 minutes or until all the vegetables are cooked.
- We simmered ours with the lid off so most of the stock would evaporate and form a risotto-like texture
- Garnish with crumbled ricotta and oregano
- If you can’t find rainbow quinoa, plain quinoa is fine
- 1 large pot
1 Large Salad