Anna Weatherlake is a health and plant-based nutrition coach, Earth by Anna blogger, traveller, journalism and politics graduate, animal advocate and eco-warrior.
This beautiful vegan mentally resides in Melbourne, but physically resides all over the world with her partner, a plant-based athlete. As a lifelong vegetarian and vegan for the past four years, Anna combines her deep understanding and passion for plant-based nutrition with the advantages of living a healthier, more environmentally friendly and sustainable lifestyle. She encourages and inspires people to make choices that help not only themselves, but other people, animals and the planet as well.
Anna is passionate, intelligent, positive and inspiring and we are super excited to have her as our April Featured Friend.
To view the full Featured Friend Interview click here!
Shop Vitamix by Region
- 1 cup quinoa (any colour), rinsed well
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 can kidney beans, rinsed well
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 capsicum, diced
- 1/2 can of corn
- 1/2 cucumber, diced
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 carrot, shredded
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup coriander, chopped
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 3 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 small bunch asparagus, sliced
- 200g tofu, sliced
- Sesame seeds
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 4 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp onion powder (optional)
- Freshly ground pepper
- Place all the ingredients for the dressing in a jar and shake until well combined. Place in the fridge.
- Rinse the quinoa in a fine sieve under cold running water and then place in a saucepan on high heat. Add 2 cups of vegetable stock, bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer and place the lid on the saucepan.
- When most of the liquid has evaporated and the quinoa looks ‘fluffy’, it’s ready. Approximately 10-12 minutes.
- While quinoa is cooking, melt 1 tsp of coconut oil in a pan and add diced red onion and corn. Cook until golden brown.
- Add capsicum, cucumber, spinach, kidney beans, carrot, coriander, chia seeds, pumpkin seeds and cherry tomatoes to a mixing bowl.
- When quinoa is ready, add corn and red onion to the saucepan. Let cool for five minutes.
- Add 1 tsp of coconut oil to the pan and lightly panfry tofu and asparagus, turning when needed. Cook until golden brown.
- Add quinoa, corn and onion to mixing bowl and mix well with other vegetable ingredients.
- Plate up and top with tofu, asparagus, avocado and sesame seeds. Drizzle with dressing.
- Will store in the fridge for up to two days.
- This is a recipe from Tommy’s Blog Post: Featured Friend Interview: Anna Weatherlake – Earth by Anna
- Vitamix Blender or Jar (for dressing)
- Fine Sieve
- Frying Pan
1 large salad