Chris Cavanagh is an endurance athlete, a MKR Star (that’s My Kitchen Rules for those of you who have been living under a rock) and the creator behind Panache Desserts – Raw, Organic, Vegan, Gluten Free deliciousness!
We are super stoked to have Chris as this month’s Featured Friend and for him to share one of his amazing recipes.
To view the full Featured Friend Interview click here!
Shop Vitamix by Region
- 1 cup packed almonds
- 1 cup packet and pitted Medjool dates
- 2 tablespoons goji berries
- 2 & 1/2 cups soaked cashews (soaked for minimum 6 hours)
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup agave
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 & 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- Process almonds in a food processor until it resembles the texture of almond meal.
- Next, add dates one at a time and finish by adding goji berries. Stop the processor when the mixture sticks together when pressed between your fingers.
- Press into a lined brownie tin (27cm x 18cm) and set in the freezer.
- Process all filling ingredients except the raspberries in a processor until completely smooth. Pour half of the mixture on prepared base and mix through half a cup of raspberries. Place back in the freezer to set.
- Add the last cup of raspberries to the remaining mixture and blitz until smooth. This doesn’t take long so be careful not to over-process!
- Pour onto the set lemon/vanilla filling and smooth with a spatula.
- Place in freezer for 4 hours to set. Take out 10 minutes before serving. This will last a few weeks when stored in the freezer. Garnish with pistachios or coconut chips.
- This is a recipe from Tommy’s Blog Post: Featured Friend Interview: Chris Cavanagh – Panache Desserts
- Vitamix Blender
- Lined Brownie Tin (27cm x 18cm)