This is our raw and healthy version of an Apple Pie that’s full to the brim with fresh apples, and full of wholesome flavour! Easy to make with a high powered blender and food dehydrator.
Shop Vitamix by Region
- 1 cup cashews, pistachios (mix)
- 1 cup dried, unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 Medjool dates (pitted)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3 medium apples
- 1 cup Medjool dates (pitted)
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Place the crust ingredients into your Vitamix container and pulse on high speed a few times until a rough, mouldable mixture forms. Make sure to hold the container with one hand for support.
- Mould your crust into a glass pie dish and place in a food dehydrator, and set on high temperature (65 degrees Celsius) for 3 hours. This step is optional to help the pie set.
- Put all ingredients except 1 apple the into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select speed 1, turn the machine on and quickly increase to the highest speed.
- Use the tamper to effectively press the ingredients into the blades whilst processing.
- Pour filling ingredients into your pie crust and decorate with your left over apple.
- Make sure to always check that the nuts that you are buying are gluten free.
- This is a recipe from Claire’s Blog Post: Rawpple Pie