This recipe is an absolute hit with everyone! It’s decadent, sweet but full of goodness! No preservatives or nasties added to this recipe.
Shop Vitamix by Region
- 3 Tbsp tahini or any nut butter of your choice
- 3 Tbsp organic maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp pine nuts
- 100ml almonds
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 pinch Himalayan sea salt
- 10 dates – soaked for 24 hours and drained (soaking them is important as this is what creates the caramel flavour)
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan sea salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla paste
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp tahini
- 1.5 cups Brazil nuts.
- water (if needed to make the caramel smooth)
- 12 Tbsp cacao butter
- 12 Tbsp cacao powder or carob powder
- 8 Tbsp maple syrup or sweetener of your choice
- pinch Himalayan sea salt
- Place your base ingredients into your Vitamix container and secure the lid.
- Pulse your machine on and off 5 times on HIGH speed for about 2 seconds each time.
- Leave your machine on HIGH speed and blend until you have formed a dough to mould into your base. Use your tamper effectively as this is a thick mixture.
- Place in a slice tray and freeze for 10 minutes in the freezer.
- As your base is freezing, place all caramel ingredients into your Vitamix container, except for the Brazil nuts and secure the lid.
- Turn your machine on to variable speed 1, immediately turn up to speed 10 and then quickly override the speed to HIGH.
- Blend using your tamper effectively and stop when you have reached a nice smooth consistency.
- Pour the caramel layer over your base and sprinkle on top some brazil nuts or a nut of your choice.
- Place back in the freezer to set.
- Melt you cacao butter and mix well with the cacao powder, maple syrup and salt.
- Pour over the top of your base and caramel and set in the freezer for 1 hour.
- Eat. Eat it all.
- If there happens to be any left add them to an airtight container and store in the freezer.
- Make sure to always check that the nuts that you are buying are gluten free.
- Vitamix Blender
- Lined Baking Tray
1 Slice Tray