Claire Walters has a divine understanding of health and wellness and takes great pleasure in sharing the knowledge she has acquired along her journey. Claire is a Raw Food Recipe genius and enjoys creating new and exciting recipes to help people venture away from eating processed foods from labelled boxes.
Always health aware and active thanks to a childhood of dancing and singing, Claire also was diagnosed with Syringomyelia which resulted in two major surgeries which made Claire very aware of the importance of health and wellness and the positive effects it can have on the body. Claire has now commenced work on her own original music under the name of “Franky Smart” and as her biggest fans we can’t WAIT for the release.
- 2 Tbsp ground flaxseed + 6 Tbsp water
- 1 cup grated carrot (3 big carrots)
- 2/3 cup grated zucchini (4-inch / 10 cm piece)
- 4-5 sun dried tomatoes
- 3 Tbsp fresh thyme (chopped)
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 2/3 cup gluten free flour
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- Pinch Garlic powder or 1 clove fresh minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped olives
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1/2 tsp salt
Optional: 1/4 cup pumpkin and / or sunflower seeds for garnish
Ingredients – Vegan Sour Cream
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 tsp Himalayan sea salt
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 400°F / 200°C. Mix the ground flaxseed with water and set aside for a few minutes to thicken.
- In a big bowl, mix the grated carrot, zucchini, sun dried tomatoes, thyme and olive oil. Add the flax gel and mix well.
- In another bowl, mix all the dry ingredients. Pour the dry ingredients over the wet ingredients and stir until combined.
- Grease a muffin pan or muffin tins with oil and spoon the batter into about 6 to 8 muffins. Sprinkle the seeds on top. Bake for about 20 to 22 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let cool and then enjoy! Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 2-3 days.
Method – Vegan Sour Cream
- Put all ingredients into the Vitamix 2L container in the order listed above and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 1. Turn the machine on and quickly increase the speed to 10, then override to HIGH.
- Use the tamper to effectively press the ingredients into the blades whilst processing.
- Stop the machine and serve
- Can be kept in an airtight container stored in the fridge for a few days.