The perfect recipe for when you’re feeling like something Savoury and Sweet! It’s so easy to make and it’s vegan friendly!
- 2 cups puffed brown rice
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp ground flax
- 5 tbsp rice malt syrup
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Mix the rice, chia, sunflower seeds, almonds and flax in a medium mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Heat the maple syrup and coconut oil gently in a small saucepan. Whisk in the almond butter, coconut oil, sea salt, and spices. Pour wet ingredients over dry and mix thoroughly.
- Make sure you really incorporate the spice mixes into your liquid. You don’t want it to clump up in one section and get a nice big hit of chili!
- Press the ingredients firmly and evenly, into a small baking dish (11 x 7 or 8 x 8) lined with baking paper.
- Cover with a layer of Alfoil and let it sit in the fridge for a little while to set.
- Cut them into whatever size suits and eat!