These Ice-Cream Cookie Sandwiches are spiced to perfection, and taste fantastic as a duo or just on their own. This dessert recipe is a must have for the summertime.
Shop Vitamix by Region
- 250g gluten free flour
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp bicarb soda
- 2 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/3 cup date paste
- 1/4 cup nuttelex or coconut oil (melted)
- 1 chia “egg” (1 Tbsp chia seeds with 3 Tbsp water)
- crack of salt
- 50ml soy milk (or enough to cover most of the blades)
- 2 large bananas (frozen)
- 3 tsp ginger
- 3 tsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 cap vanilla essence
- 2 cups of ice
- Put all the dry cookie ingredients into a large mixing bowl and stir together so spices are evenly distributed.
- Add in wet ingredients, and continue mixing. You can use your hands!
- Roll into even balls, spread out evenly onto the Sedona silicone or teflon sheet in top of your Sedona tray. Use your hand or a cup to squash down into cookies.
- Dehydrate at 63 degrees Celsius for 2 hours then dehydrate at 43 degrees for around 10 hours.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Put all the ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select speed 1, turn the machine on and quickly increase to the highest speed.
- Use the tamper to effectively press the ingredients into the blades if required whilst processing.
- Blend for 30 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
- Stop the machine and serve on your ginger cookies!