I recently made the most delicious jalapeño & strawberry salsa for my Tuesday Taco night and I had some fresh produce left over so this smoothie was a little experiment if you will …. and it was delicious! If you combine just the right amount of sweetness with a little kick you have yourself one hella smoothie!
Warning: this smoothie is not for the faint hearted … if you don’t like spice, this is probably not your thing but you can always reduce the jalapeño quantity to give it just the right amount of spice you desire.
- 1/2 banana
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 cup arugula (rocket)
- 1/4 fresh jalapeno
- 1 tsp raw honey
- Ice as required
- Put all the ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select speed 1, turn the machine on and quickly increase to the highest speed.
- Use tamper to effectively press the ingredients into the blades if required whilst processing.
- Blend for 60-90 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
- Stop the machine, serve & enjoy!