This healthy Sweet Onion Sauce recipe is the perfect addition to any salad or sandwich. It really packs a flavour punch that will be sure to wake up your taste buds.
Shop Vitamix by Region
- 3 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup cucumber (peeled)
- 1/4 cup white onion (chopped)
- 1/2 clove garlic
- 4 small dates (pitted)
- pinch Himalayan Sea Salt
- 1 Tbsp poppy seeds (added at the end)
- pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp filtered water (to blend)
- Put all the ingredients except poppy seeds into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select speed 1, turn the machine on and quickly increase to the highest speed.
- Use tamper to effectively press the ingredients into the blades if required whilst processing.
- Blend for 45-60 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
- Stop the machine and pour in the poppy seeds.
- Blend on speed 5 for a few seconds until they are mixed.
- Serve on your favourite salads or sandwiches.
- Can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
- If the raw onion taste is too much, lightly sauté them with the garlic before blending.