Give this Turmeric, Carrot and Sunflower Living Seed Crackers recipe a go for a snack with a difference. Full of goodness and crunch!
- 250g sunflower seeds ground PLUS 50g left whole
- 100g golden flax seeds ground PLUS 50g left whole
- 40g white sesame seeds
- 40g chia seeds
- 3 large carrots grated (approx 700g) including any juice created
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 tsp pink himalayan salt
- 3/4 tsp black pepper ground
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp mild curry powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Handful parsley chopped
- Handful coriander chopped
- 3 cups filtered water
- Mix all the sunflower, flax + chia in one bowl, add the water and combine well, leave for an hour to swell and absorb.
- Mix the remaining ingredients in another large bowl, I use stainless steel as it is lightweight and easy to work with.
- Once the seeds are swollen add to the other bowl of ingredients with a silicone spatula, mix well and leave to sit for at least a few hours and up to overnight, covered.
- Once the dough is fully integrated and rested, spread out with an offset spatula or silicone spatula on the non stick sheets of the dehydrator. I prepare them to about 2-3 mm thick, if you spread them thicker they will simply take longer to dry.
- Score into shapes if you like at that point.
- Dehydrate at 65C for 3 hours then drop to 45C for approx 10 hours depending on the size of your Sedona.
- Alternatively dehydrate at 45C for approximately 15 hours, you may want to turn the trays around at the halfway mark.
- Store well in an airtight container, and if they soften just refresh in the Sedona for an hour.