Our Vanilla Cashew Icing goes perfectly with any raw food dessert recipe. We used the icing on our Easter Hot Cross Buns recipe. It’s healthy, Vegan friendly and easy to make in your Vitamix!
Shop Vitamix by Region
- 1 cup cashews (soaked for 24 hours and rinsed)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 Tbsp liquid sweetener of choice
- 2 tsp quality vanilla bean paste
- 4 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- Put all the ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Turn to speed 10 and pulse the machine on and off 5 times for 3 seconds each time.
- Select speed 1, turn the machine on and quickly increase to the highest speed.
- Use the tamper effectively to press the ingredients into the blades.
- Blend until you have a nice smooth icing mixture.
- Place your icing mixture into a piping bag or sandwich bag and pipe over your desired cake/cupcake or cookie or just spread it over evenly with a spatula.
- Serve and enjoy!
- The icing can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.