If you’re a fan of a good green curry then you need to give this recipe a go in your Vitamix. It’s delicious and made to suit a Vegan diet.
Ingredients – Curry Paste
- 4 garlic cloves
- 3-6 chillies, seeded and stemmed
- 2 shallots
- 2 tsp. lime zest
- 1 lemongrass stalk, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, packed
- 1 Tbsp. grated ginger
- 1 Tbsp. tamari
- 1 Tbsp. kaffir lime juice (or regular old lime juice)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground coriander
Ingredients – Vegan Green Curry
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 lb. extra firm tofu, drained, pressed at least 15 minutes, and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2-14 oz. cans coconut milk (I used light)
- 1/4 cup vegan green curry paste
- 1 1/2 tbsp. rice malt syrup
- 2 cups fresh baby corn, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 lb. asparagus spears, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup broccoli
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- 1/2 tsp. salt (or to taste)
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Zucchini noodles for serving
Method – Green Curry Paste
- Put all the ingredients into the Vitamix 0.9L container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 1. Turn the machine on and quickly increase the speed to 10, then override to High.
- Use tamper to effectively press the ingredients into the blades if required whilst processing.
- Blend for 30-60 seconds or until desired temperature is reached.
- Stop the machine and put aside.
Method – Vegan Green Curry Recipe
- Gently heat 1Tbsp vegetable oil in the frying pan.
- Add your tofu and green curry paste and cook until fragrant.
- Add in your coconut milk, baby corn, lime juice, broccoli, salt, rice malt syrup, fresh basil, asparagus and chopped scallions and bring to a simmer.
- Add a lid to your pot and cook for around 20-30 mins.
- Serve over a bed of zucchini noodles that have been lightly pan fried